PEHP Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
PEHP offers three Medicare Part D approved prescription drug plans – the Basic, the Basic Plus, and the Enhanced Plan. How to enroll in PEHP’s Medicare Supplement Plan.
The PEHP Medicare Supplement Medical Plan and Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans are available to:
- Retired individuals age 65 and over who have earned service credit with Utah Retirement Systems (URS), are a participant in a URS Defined Contribution Plan, or who previously had PEHP medical coverage.
- Individuals under the age of 65 who have Medicare coverage and are a PEHP member or a dependent of a PEHP member who has earned service credit with URS, or individuals who are participants in a URS Defined Contribution Plan.
- Spouses and approved disabled dependents of those eligible under the previous two requirements.
You can enroll in a PEHP Medicare Supplement Plan:
- When you first become eligible for Medicare. You may enroll during the period that starts three months before and ends three months after you turn age 65. If you receive Medicare benefits due to a disability, you may enroll three months before and after your 24th month of cash disability benefits.
- When your active group coverage terminates. You have 63 days to enroll in PEHP’s Medicare Supplement Plan to avoid paying an enrollment penalty on PEHP’s Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.